Share This Article
Here’s your complete guide to how to choose a theragun.
When someone needs a muscle massage, they may struggle to book an appointment to get it looked at right away. Also, many people might prefer to complete this massage at home or after a gym session. Luckily, there are many theraguns on the market that people can use to complete their massage.
This post will explain everything people need to know about theraguns and why they need one.
What Is a Theragun?
A theragun is a massage machine that looks and sounds like a drill. It uses massage therapy to help treat muscles and relieve any pain from injury or working out. Many people have found their theragun to be helpful no matter their activity level.
5 Best Theraguns
The Theragun Elite
There is a reason why the Theragun Elite is used amongst athletes, chiropractors, and exercisers. It comes with a powerful motor and five different heads to get into every muscle and relieve any pain. Also, it has five different speed options, which allows it to go deeper or lighter into the muscles.
Also, it is quieter and lighter compared to many other massagers so that people will have no problem throwing it in their gym bag and taking it with them. However, it will cost you quite a bit because it is £375.
The Achedaway Pro Percussion & Vibration Massager
Another great option when it comes to a theragun is the Achedaway. The battery life will last up to five hours. It is best used for people with chronic muscle pain because they will not need to think about charging it in-between sessions. Also, it has five speeds and four different heads available, so it will have the ability to get into all of your muscles.
Additionally, it is lightweight, and it comes with a powerful motor. Many people have raved about this theragun for a good reason, so it is worth looking at. Right now, you can buy it for £219.
- The attachments are high-quality.
- Inside is a quiet motor.
- The design has made a durable massager.
- It is expensive.
- Some customers have complained about the battery and charging capabilities.
The RENPHO Deep Tissue Massager
People who want a versatile massager will like the RENPHO because it has five intensity levels and five different attachments. Also, there is an attachment for those who want a deep tissue massage. It is easily one of the most versatile massagers on the market. Also, it comes with long battery life, a travelling case, and a quiet motor.
However, many people have commented on the attachments themselves. They think that the quality could be better. It will cost you £84.99.
- It can easily reach your back.
- The customer support staff is helpful.
- There are several attachment and speed options.
- The attachment heads may be irritating to some people.
- It can only be charged with USB-A chargers.
The Lifepro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun
Another option for a good massager is the Sonic massager. It is slightly affordable, but it comes with a high-powered option that will help people with their muscles and deep tissue. People will like that there are eight massage heads, and it comes with five intensity levels. That means there will be a combination that will help anyone get the relief they need.
Also, the battery should last up to three hours. Additionally, it is easy to switch speeds and hold the massager for an extended period. However, many people may have difficulty trying to receive a refund even if they have a lifetime warranty. It costs £200.64.
- It has an intuitive design.
- Many people like that it’s sturdy and powerful.
- It effectively breaks up muscle knots.
- It may not reach the users back.
- Small hands may struggle to drip the handle.
The Theragun PRO
The last theragun on this list is the Theragun PRO. It is expensive, but it is intended for serious athletes who need several attachments and speeds for deep tissue massage. The PRO also has an ergonomic grip that allows people to massage at different angles without tiring their hands. Also, there is an app that people can connect their massager to, personalising wellness routines for them.
Lastly, it does come with two rechargeable batteries, so users can charge the second one while using the first one. It will cost £549 to buy.
- It connects to an app.
- The adjustable head allows people to reach many different parts of their body.
- There is the ability to give a deep tissue massage.
- Some users have said that the batteries die quickly.
- It is expensive.
- There are many complaints about the customer support being poor.
Why Should You Use a Theragun?
There are many reasons why people should use a theragun for their muscles.
- It can help relieve stress and relax the body by releasing any tension. Also, it can release any fluid in the deep tissue.
- Many theraguns help with increasing blood and lymphatic circulation.
- It encourages muscles to heal themselves by activating the atrophied muscles.
- Any lactic acid that has been building up in the body can be released with these massagers.
- It stimulates nerve receptors, which will help with mobility.
- Scar tissue can be broken up, which will alleviate pain and relieve constriction.
- A person’s range of motion can be encouraged by creating flexible joints.
- It will improve the overall wellness of a person.
What Are the Different Types of Theraguns?
Most massagers are the same and have been made with similar materials. However, each one is made by a different brand, where people will begin to see the difference. The theraguns made with high-quality products will cost more, and the attachments will be of better quality.
However, there are still some great options for people who want a more affordable price than others that will break the bank.
How Do You Choose a Theragun?
There are five things you need to keep in mind when choosing the right theragun for you.
- It depends on how intense you want the massage to be, so if you need to, pick something that fits your needs.
- Most handheld massagers are rechargeable, but it is still good when it has a solid battery life, so you don’t need to charge them all the time.
- If you plan to carry it around with you throughout the day, you will need to think about how heavy and compact it is.
- Some massagers are easier to use than others, so pick one that you can easily use.
- Many massagers cost a great deal of money, so it is essential to think about how much you are willing to spend.
Can a Theragun Cause More Damage?
Depending on how much the muscle is hurting, the user may not want to use their theragun. A massager should not be used on a pulled muscle or a sprained area. That is because the hammering motion of the massager will cause more damage to the area. Instead, use the theragun when a muscle feels tight and needs to loosen up.
Will a Theragun Break Up Cellulite?
If the theragun is used correctly, it can help break up cellulite. A massager that uses a percussion technique helps improve blood circulation, which will encourage cellulite to break down. However, it should be noted that cellulite will never completely disappear because it is a normal part of ageing. Also, it depends on the user’s genetics.
What Does a Theragun Do?
The theragun is a massager that people can use to help relieve pain and muscle soreness. It looks and sounds like a drill. Professional athletes to ordinary people have all used a theragun for their needs.
Will a Theragun Break Up My Scar Tissue?
Scar tissue can limit a person’s flexibility over time, but a theragun can help with this situation. Since it is a deep tissue massager, it will help promote blood flow to the area and encourage the muscle to recover quickly. However, it should also be paired with successful treatment because the results will last longer.
No one likes to have sore muscles, so more people are looking to purchase a handheld massager. A theragun will help promote blood circulation, relieve stress, and promote healing in the deep tissue area and the muscle. This is an excellent way for the area to begin its healing process, so the user can start moving again.
However, people need to make sure that they do not massage an area too damaged because this will cause further harm. Instead, people should consult a doctor before using a theragun for the first time because they will tell the user how and when to use the massager. Additionally, if the person’s muscles are recovering from a serious injury, additional treatment may be needed for a fast recovery.