Here’s the 5 best boxing hand wraps
Punching anything with your bare hands helps you understand how you can damage them in the process. If you have no idea, take it from experience: it hurts you as much as it hurts who or what you are hitting. That is why you need to protect your hands if you are into any fighting sport.
Boxing hand wraps prevent you from injuring yourself and keep your hands in place within your gloves. They also cushion your blows for more comfort.
Not all wraps are the same. Every fighter has one they prefer for different reasons. This article will assess five of the best ones available on the market.
Sanabul Elastic Professional Boxing Hand Wraps
Sanabul makes boxing equipment that helps fighters perform at their best. Professionals such as Mike Lee and Michael Bisping have tested this brand and have approved the quality of its hand wraps.
- The wrap has a length of 180 inches.
- It is manufactured from high-quality material that is fast-drying and breathable.
- There is a prominent thumb loop and a Velcro closure.
- The material is elastic and comes with different colour options.
- A length of 180 inches is enough room for the different wrapping styles of users.
- The polyester used to make them ensures adequate breathability to keep your hands cool and dry as you throw punches. It also means that washing them won’t be a frequent requirement.
- They dry up quickly after you take them off. This feature prevents sweat and odour from building up.
- Its ability to stretch ensures that it is wound tight enough without interrupting blood flow to your hands.
- The thumb loop and Velcro closure help the wrap to stay in place when in use.
- Some users have complained about the thinness of the material.
- Frequent washing easily damages the product.
You can get this for £5.47 here.
Everlast Hand Wraps
Everlast is undoubtedly one of the most known boxing brands in the world. It makes highly rated hand wraps for boxers at all stages.
- The hand wrap is 180 inches long.
- Everlast manufactures the product using a blend of polyester and nylon.
- It has a thumb strap, and a hook and loop closure.
- This product finishes off with an Ever Fresh treatment.
- The polyester and cotton blend creates a thick material that washes easily.
- It is simple for self-wrapping using integrated hooks and loops.
- You use the Velcro strap to ensure that the hand wrap is tight and fits.
- The Ever Fresh treatment uses antimicrobials to limit the growth of bacteria and fight off any offensive odour. This prevents infections and keeps the product smelling fresh.
- The durability of the hand wraps means you will not have to buy another set for a while. It helps you save money in the long run.
- These hand wraps are considered expensive.
You can visit this site to buy one for £9.75.
Mexican style boxing hand wraps use elastic materials. Ringside is one of the most famous brands that specialise in making these types.
- It has a standard length of 180 inches and an integrated thumb loop.
- The product has a hook and loop closing mechanism.
- Its material is an elastic cotton blend.
- There are many colour options for users to choose from.
- A length of 180 inches is enough to fit any wrapping technique.
- You get a starting thumb loop that provides extra protection and coverage for your hands.
- The hook and loop mechanism makes it quicker to wrap and unwrap.
- Ringside uses the elastic cotton blend material to provide comfort while keeping your hands dry. It is also machine washable, making it easy to keep clean.
- Users complained about the thinness of the material in reviews.
This hand wrap is available here for £7.31.
The main goal of boxing hand wraps is protection. Comfort is usually a secondary requirement for most fighters after establishing the primary objective. Some people consider this as critical as protection, and this is the unique selling point of Venum wraps.
- There are two size options for users: 120 inches or 180 inches.
- It uses an elastic cotton material.
- Venum has a Velcro closure and a thumb strap.
- You have a variety of colours to choose from.
- Fighters can choose which size is best for them according to their wrapping styles.
- It uses a material that is thick and extremely comfortable against your skin.
- The Velcro and thumb straps make it easy to use. They also ensure that you get a secure fit.
- Stitches for the Velcro and thumb loop look cheap.
- Some users felt the material is not stretchy enough.
It has a price range from £4.52 to £13.05 on Amazon.
If you want a hand wrap that is all right for any fighting sport, you should consider Hayabusa wraps. It is perfect for boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, and many others. The brand constantly improves its designs and technology to create the best product for users.
- It uses an elastic material that is ultra-soft.
- Hayabusa hand wraps have a standard length of 180 inches.
- The product features a thumb loop and a hook and loop closure.
- It features a 100% latex-free cotton elastane blend.
- The material is stretchy and extremely comfortable against your skin.
- It uses the hook and loop together with the thumb loop to ensure that the wrap is secure and fits perfectly.
- Hayabusa hand wraps are fast drying to prevent sweat and odour from building up
- These wraps are machine washable.
- This product is expensive.
- Colours run when washing them.
You can buy this for £12.19.
Why Use Boxing Hand Wraps?
It is advisable to use boxing hand wraps anytime you put on your gloves. The product offers maximum protection for your fingers and knuckles during training or fighting. Apart from preventing injury to your hands, wraps are necessary for a few other reasons.
Boxing gloves mostly have an imperfect fit. Hand wraps ensure that you fill up the spaces around your wrists to lock the gloves in place.
They also soak up sweat that you work up so that they don’t get into your gloves. This also prevents infections by reducing the probability of bacteria building up.
Types of Boxing Hand Wraps
There are two main types of boxing hand wraps: training and professional wraps.
The professional type includes layers of gauze or tape for protecting your hands. Conventionally, you don’t wrap them yourself. A trainer or cornerman does this for you mostly before a fight or high-level training. You don’t use that often.
Training hand wraps are used casually. It is why they should be durable and easy to wash. You can go farther to group them into Mexican and traditional hand wraps.
The former is elastic, offering a tight wrap around your hands, while the latter is usually thicker. They differ based on the feeling the user seeks.
How to Choose Boxing Hand Wraps – Buyers Guide
Finding the appropriate boxing hand wraps depends on certain characteristics. The paragraphs below will help you explore.
Brands use many types of materials when making hand wraps. The common ones are cotton, polyester, and nylon. You tend to sweat a lot when throwing punches during training or a fight. How much perspiration the material allows influences how comfortable your hands feel when wrapped up.
You want to check out how well the material used for your product can stretch. Boxers who prefer Mexican types consider the elasticity of the product. These offer tighter wraps around the hands and don’t loosen up as you throw punches.
Length and Width
This feature also depends on the wrapping style of the user. Some need longer wraps as compared to others. Checking out the length of the product will help you get the right one for you.
Your boxing hand wrap should be easy to use or take off. The process takes time and can be frustrating, especially when you have to start again because of fastening issues. Boxers should consider products that have Velcro, thumb loops, or hook and loop closures. These simplify the wrapping process and ensure you have a secure fit.
The amount of money you spend on your hand wraps will always be a factor. It is best to find a product that balances quality and price.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What Is the Best Length of Boxing Hand Wraps to Get?
Boxers have different hand sizes. Finding the best length for your hands requires a lot of trial and error with your wrapping style. It is convenient to always go for longer wraps if you have huge hands.
How Often Should I Wash My Boxing Hand Wraps?
It is best to wash your hand wraps after every training session or fight. This action eliminates any bacteria or odour that may be building up. Ensure that you dry them thoroughly after each wash and never use wet hand wraps.
You should know how to assess the level of wrist support and protection your boxing hand wraps offers you. Also, determine what other things make you most comfortable without affecting your efficiency.
Having this knowledge with the reviews in this article should help you find the best boxing hand wraps.